- The Dec 1st TEVA Meeting is at STEAM Junction at 9:30am. Any wishing to caravan from TSDesigns, meet there at 9 am. Topics for this meeting:
- the Burlington Maker Faire coming up on Sat, 13April2019 (moved from last Sat in April)
- the Odyssey event in Geensboro: any day in April could be listed in Drive Electric Earth Day event list:
- Review upcoming plans for the Odyssey Plug In event in Greensboro (day?)
- Review participation in Earth Day event at Kathleen Clay Edwards library in Greensboro 6April2019
- Follow on with our activities with CTEC supporting evolution of the truck Glider and related projects
- New vehicles among club members: Tesla 3, HoverSeat – let’s race them for 20′!
- Welcome current and new members and their Plug-in related projects
- The 2018 Greensboro Odyssey has been postponed due to Hurricane Florence. A new date has not been selected yet, but please check back weekly for an updated date.
Triad Electric Vehicle Association is hosting another event in downtown Greensboro, the 2018 Greensboro Odyssey.It will be on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018, from 10 AM to 3 PM, in the 200 block of North Davie St, on the north side of Friendly Ave.Come see a variety of alternative fuel vehicles including all electric and hybrid. Talk with enthusiast and owners about their experiences with the vehicles.Our event is also part of the National Drive Electric Week Events.The event is free and open to the public, and free parking is available in the Bellemeade and the Church Street Parking Decks.National Drive Electric Week Event – Greensboro:
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1369#event-optionsLink for the Greensboro Odyssey Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Greensboro-Odyssey-278499218922471/Click here for a map on parking
- The Saturday Aug 4 TEVA monthly meeting will be held at TS Design at 9 am.
- The Saturday July 7 TEVA monthly meeting will be held at ELON University LOY [Solar] Farm. The July 7 TEVA meeting at ELON University will begin at 9:30am at Elon Loy Farm. Jack Martin will meet anyone at TS Design at 9am to convoy to Elon if anyone cares to meet there first. He will leave TS Design at 9:10am sharp to drive to Elon.PLEASE note this meeting will be outside (in an open barn/shed if raining, but still at earth climate/temperature, so please dress very casually and appropriately (it will be warm).Directions:
2635 Front St
Burlington, NC 27244For additional information on Elon Loy Farm, please see:https://www.elon.edu/u/academics/arts-and-sciences/center-for-environmental-studies/environmental-center-at-loy-farm/https://www.elon.edu/u/academics/arts-and-sciences/center-for-environmental-studies/environmental-center-at-loy-farm/activities/
- TEVA December meeting at ACC’s new technology facility
The December 2017 TEVA meeting was held at Alamance Community College’s new Advanced Applied Technology Center. ACC instructors (and TEVA members) Marc Hunter and Don Utberg-Hood led us on a tour of this impressive teaching facility. Students get hands-on experience with the latest technology in Automotive, Welding, Industrial Controllers, Precision Machining and HVAC disciplines. This kind of in-depth training from experts is essential for equipping students with the technical training necessary for their careers in these fields.
- August 17, 2017, TEVA members participated in the Volvo Truck Energy Fair by exhibiting several electric vehicles.
On display was a Chevy Volt, Tesla Roadster and Model S, Nissan LEAF, and an Organic Transit ELF. Volvo’s employees viewed several exhibits from local suppliers about energy savings, but the EVs received a lot of interest and the ELF clearly “stole the show” (as usual).