TEVA Meeting Feb 1st 2020 at 9:30am at Alamance Community College
AATC Building, 1375 Jimmie Kerr Road, Graham NCSome things we will cover this month:
Welcome to ACC
Hot topics & New Business, quick updates
Odyssey/Drive Electric Earth Day 18April at Alamance CC
- Welcome Bill Bucklen back from the National EAA meeting
Updates on Drive Electric Earth Day 11April at Danville CC
- Around the table with updates from members!
- In the parking lot with EVs to see and try, including at least one new Light EV
The first TEVA Meeting of 2020 is on Sat Jan 4th at 9am. Back at TS Designs in BurlingtonThe agenda is posted here as an Evernote. A quick summary:
LEVA Airless Tire Testing Project review
Happy New Year Welcome!
Hot topics, quick updates, New Business Jack, et al
There is no Burlington Maker Faire for 2020!
- Odyssey/Drive Electric Earth Day planning
TEVA December Meeting is Sat Dec 7th 2019 at 9am. Back at TS Designs.Updates on:
– Spring 2020 National Drive Earth Day events:
* Odyssey in Triad* April 11, 2020 in Danville V
a at the Danville Community College RCATT Building
- Triad EV Association is hosted its monthly meeting again at @TS Designs in Burlington Nov 2nd 2019 at 9am
The meeting agenda was:
- Plan for participation at the ATME Conference in Charlotte NC 6-8NovMembership fees to fund programs at TEVA
- Programs for Schools in 2020: Engineers Week/DiscoverE.org Feb and March-April
- Drive Electric Earth Day and Spring Odyssey EVents
- New Vehicles Acquired by Members
- Any updates will be posted here, on Facebook (fb.com/groups/tevanc), and on Twitter (@TriadEVNC)
- TEVA 2nd Annual Pot Luck Fall Picnic at Amaral/Carter’s Roundhouse on October 5th
- Picnic prep will commence at 10am
- Family members welcome!
- Meet at TS Designs at 9am and carpool to the picnic at 9:30am, directions are available on request to email@example.com
- An email will go out Sunday night Sept 29th to remind everyone who signed up for food & drink
- TEVA is meeting again at TS Designs at 9am Saturday September 7
- TEVA is meeting again at TS Designs at 9am Saturday August 3
- Last month’s events
- Upcoming events: PepperFest with Drive Electric Week
- TEVA Foundation Meeting: prepare proposals for review by TEVA Foundation board after meeting
- Vote on adopting member dues for TEVA
- Around the table with our TEVA group
- TEVA is meeting again at TS Designs at 9am Saturday July 6 https://www.facebook.com/events/542203349604567/?event_time_id=542203366271232
- Review last month’s member activities
- Plan for upcoming events including
- opportunity to participate in “Recycle Now” program at Bank of America in Greensboro
- Tue & Wed 9-10 July + Sustainable Fleet Technology Expo in Durham
- 7-8Aug https://www.sustainablefleetexpo.com
- Our usual time with each other sharing EV technologies with each other
- June 1st meeting is back at TS Designs, agenda:
- Upcoming events with participation requests
- IEEE Charlotte conference ATMAE.org 6-8Nov2019
- Sustainable Fleet Technology Conference & Expo 6-8Aug2019,
- National Drive Electric Week Sept 14-22, 2019
- Followup on events
- Other agenda items
- who can certify remaining life on EV battery pack for high voltage EVs?
- email list setup pending approval of Google for Nonprofits
- Alternative Energy planning tools, interest in participating in creating overview?
- NREL tools reviewed: REopt Lite, PVWatts, SAM
- Upcoming events with participation requests
- April 13th – Burlington Maker Faire at Holly Hills Mall in Burlington
- Setup starts at 8am and the Faire opens at 10am to 4pm [the link for the Faire is https://burlington.makerfaire.com/ ]
- If you want a shirt as a volunteer, please go to this link and note that you are volunteering to work the TEVA booth and Light EV test area. The link is here: https://burlington.makerfaire.com/volunteer/
CTEC students re-think electric-powered vehicles – Hoverboards, an electric tricycle, and building an electric truck are among projects at Alamance-Burlington’s technical high school. Article in the Burlington newspaper. Click here to read it. … and see more of this story covered on WGHP channel 8.” – https://myfox8.com/2018/12/24/ctec-students-build-electric-vehicles/
- CTEC students build electric vehicles: The WGHP web page with more information on the TEVA & LEVA work with Alamance CTEC may be found here. This piece aired on Christmas eve.
The Triad Electric Vehicle Association has developed recommendations for the two new parking decks being planned for downtown Greensboro. EV charging stations have been shown to attract affluent consumers to entertainment venues, restaurants, hotels and shopping. A significant savings will result from including EV charging capability in the initial designs for these two new parking decks. Here are TEVA’s recommendations for EV charging.
The Triad Electric Vehicle Association helped inaugurate nine new charging stations in a University of North Carolina Greensboro parking deck. TEVA provided a Nissan Leaf, a Tesla Model X, and a Tesla Roadster to demonstrate the utility of the nine new stations (four at Level 2 and five at Level 1). The stations appear on the PlugShare Website. Charging is free, but there is a charge for parking.