- The April 6th TEVA Meeting is at Kathleen Clay Edwards Library in Greensboro at 10am
- shared rides available leavingTS Designs at 9:00am
- after the meeting you are invited to setup and stay for the Earth Day Festival at the library. Setup is from 11:30pm to 12:30pm and the event starts at 1pm and goes to 5pm. [the link for the event is http://bit.ly/Greensboro-Earth-Day-2019 ]
- Thank you so much for the many who are coming to the Earth Day festival.
- NOTE: if the weather is predicted to be very bad, we will put out a notice on Thursday April 4 as that may change the space available for EV display.
- April 13th – Burlington Maker Faire at Holly Hills Mall in Burlington
- Setup starts at 8am and the Faire opens at 10am to 4pm [the link for the Faire is https://burentlington.makerfaire.com/ ]
- If you want a shirt as a volunteer, please go to this link and note that you are volunteering to work the TEVA booth and Light EV test area. The link is here: https://burlington.makerfaire.com/volunteer/
- April 27th – Greensboro Drive Electric Earth Day Odyssey event
- The May 4th TEVA Meeting is back at TS Designs at 9am.
CTEC students re-think electric-powered vehicles – Hoverboards, an electric tricycle, and building an electric truck are among projects at Alamance-Burlington’s technical high school. Article in the Burlington newspaper. Click here to read it. … and see more of this story covered on WGHP channel 8.” – https://myfox8.com/2018/12/24/ctec-students-build-electric-vehicles/
- CTEC students build electric vehicles: The WGHP web page with more information on the TEVA & LEVA work with Alamance CTEC may be found here. This piece aired on Christmas eve.
The Triad Electric Vehicle Association has developed recommendations for the two new parking decks being planned for downtown Greensboro. EV charging stations have been shown to attract affluent consumers to entertainment venues, restaurants, hotels and shopping. A significant savings will result from including EV charging capability in the initial designs for these two new parking decks. Here are TEVA’s recommendations for EV charging.
The Triad Electric Vehicle Association helped inaugurate nine new charging stations in a University of North Carolina Greensboro parking deck. TEVA provided a Nissan Leaf, a Tesla Model X, and a Tesla Roadster to demonstrate the utility of the nine new stations (four at Level 2 and five at Level 1). The stations appear on the PlugShare Website. Charging is free, but there is a charge for parking.