- The Dec 1st TEVA Meeting is at STEAM Junction at 9:30am. Any wishing to caravan from TSDesigns, meet there at 9 am. Topics for this meeting:
- the Burlington Maker Faire coming up on Sat, 13April2019 (moved from last Sat in April)
- the Odyssey event in Geensboro: any day in April could be listed in Drive Electric Earth Day event list:
- Review upcoming plans for the Odyssey Plug In event in Greensboro (day?)
- Review participation in Earth Day event at Kathleen Clay Edwards library in Greensboro 6April2019
- Follow on with our activities with CTEC supporting evolution of the truck Glider and related projects
- New vehicles among club members: Tesla 3, HoverSeat – let’s race them for 20′!
- Welcome current and new members and their Plug-in related projects
- The 2018 Greensboro Odyssey has been postponed due to Hurricane Florence. A new date has not been selected yet, but please check back weekly for an updated date.
Triad Electric Vehicle Association is hosting another event in downtown Greensboro, the 2018 Greensboro Odyssey.It will be on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018, from 10 AM to 3 PM, in the 200 block of North Davie St, on the north side of Friendly Ave.Come see a variety of alternative fuel vehicles including all electric and hybrid. Talk with enthusiast and owners about their experiences with the vehicles.Our event is also part of the National Drive Electric Week Events.The event is free and open to the public, and free parking is available in the Bellemeade and the Church Street Parking Decks.National Drive Electric Week Event – Greensboro:
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1369#event-optionsLink for the Greensboro Odyssey Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Greensboro-Odyssey-278499218922471/Click here for a map on parking
The Triad Electric Vehicle Association has developed recommendations for the two new parking decks being planned for downtown Greensboro. EV charging stations have been shown to attract affluent consumers to entertainment venues, restaurants, hotels and shopping. A significant savings will result from including EV charging capability in the initial designs for these two new parking decks. Here are TEVA’s recommendations for EV charging.
The Triad Electric Vehicle Association helped inaugurate nine new charging stations in a University of North Carolina Greensboro parking deck. TEVA provided a Nissan Leaf, a Tesla Model X, and a Tesla Roadster to demonstrate the utility of the nine new stations (four at Level 2 and five at Level 1). The stations appear on the PlugShare Website. Charging is free, but there is a charge for parking.